Friday, June 1, 2007

Contest Winner--I Swear it's not Rigged!

The winner of the May drawing for the $50 amazon.com gift certificate is...Kathleen Morphy.



Yes, that's right. The same Kathleen who won the book last week. Double congratulations, Kathleen! And all I can say to everyone else is, if you can get this woman to go with you to Las Vegas right about now, you would do really well.



I want to start up a new contest. I need help with ideas. (One idea could be to disqualify Kathleen for at least a month. :)



You can make your suggestions simple or lavish, although I'd prefer to keep things within the bounds of reason. I myself, for example, will jump through almost any hoops to try to win an iPod. (I still haven't won one.) I'm not saying I could afford to give away an iPod, although if it brought about really incredible results, like a mob of new subscribers, might be worth it.



What do you like to win? Gift cards? Books? Do you like lots of little contests? One great big one?



Let me hear from you. I love giving stuff away and will do it as long as I can manage it. Thanks for playing along!

5 comments:

  1. Gift cards are my very fave! Especially for bookstores or even better, Amazon.com where I can find gifts for even those who are not bookworms. (And where I also have a wish-list a mile long :-))

    Next to that, my idea of a great prize is a book bag which is basically a collection of books by authors of various genres, all in a luxurious book bag. I've seen these being offered sometimes and I've never been lucky enough to win. But I know people who've discovered many a great author through these contests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that neat relaxation type items are a good idea. Spa products, chocolate, and other indulgences. I like your website. It is really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten chocolates through the mail before. They didn't fare well en route! :D

    I always love gift cards to book stores or Starbucks. Of course, since it's hot and muggy here in Chitown, I might not be so interested in the Starbucks for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd agree. An iPod (nano, shuffle, etc) or even a Zune would be a great giveaway idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! :)

    Gift certificates are always awesome!

    ReplyDelete