Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No Disasters! Yay!

I'm sure I would have had more entertaining stories to tell from our beach camping trip if things had gone wrong, but fortunately for me, it was perfect! Absolutely heavenly!

(That's my husband Dave on a walk down to the lighthouse.)

In spite of predictions of thunderstorms, we had blue skies every day. In spite of hot temperatures, the beach had a nice breeze and stayed cool. Since there's not much to tell, I'll just show a few pictures.




We tried to get Ferbie to go in the water, but he just laughed at us.

My fellow librarian Felicia, of Fluffy Flowers, makes all kinds of creatures, including sweater kitties. She made this pirate kitty for me. Naturally, being a pirate, he had a hankering to visit the sea.

My parents have been married for 58 years but still snuggle by the ocean!

This is what happens if you spray your feet with sunscreen while wearing flip-flops, then take off the flip-flops to go out in the sun. I'm just glad I had the sunscreen, or I would look like that red V all over!

5 comments:

  1. Good shots! Were you a digital camera in a former life? ;>D The sweater kitty's fun. BTW, cocoa butter is one of the best things in the world for sunburns.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college near the beach--I miss the sand and surf and smells so much!

    Glad you had fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I thought about you. Glad you had nice weather and no storms. Wish we'd had some storms in N. Alabama! We're so rain-deprived the ponds are drying up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which state did you visit for your beach trip? We returned a week ago from four days on the Oregon coast and had very nice weather too, when it was supposed to rain. Nice pictures by the way---I left home and forgot my camera, LOL!

    Thanks for vising my blog recently. I so appreciate your comments. You've been so supportive since I posted word of my new book releasing and I'd give you a big hug if you were here! Are you going to the ACFW conference? I signed up! Yahoo!!! Hugs, Miralee

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL that little sweater kitty looks mighty warm on the beach! Looks like you all had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete