Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Oh No, Not Again!

My brain is fried tonight. Dave and I just did our tax returns. So I don't think I'll be able to come up with anything particularly profound or inspiring to tell you. Instead, let's just have a little fun at my cats' expense.

Last week it was time to go to the groomer again. I have to have their hair cut once a year because it gets so matted. (Because they won't behave and let me comb them.) You may recall that last year, bad, bad Cera gave the groomers so much trouble that they only managed to shave half of her. Would you believe...


Yes, that's right! She did it again. No toenails clipped, no bath, just half of her hair cut off. Doesn't she look proud of herself?



She would almost look like one of those show dogs that prance around with bizarre, intricate hair-dos if hers were only symmetrical. I can't adequately show you how bad this looks in a flat photo, but on one side she's completely bald. On the other, her hair poofs out about halfway down.

Last year, I drew some profound insights from Cera's shenanigans. This year I don't have the heart. I will say, though, that if anyone illustrates perseverance, it's my Cera. She may only weigh eight pounds. There may be three or four hundred total pounds of groomers trying to hold her down--and those groomers may come from the dominant species on Planet Earth. But they give up before she does every time!

One last photo. This is Wendy--who is nicer and does give up:


If you want to see how she looked before, take a look at this post from December.

Maybe I understand why Cera fights the groomer, after all.

6 comments:

  1. ROFLOL!!! At least Cera doesn't battle the character flaw of inconstancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget you have two cats. Cera is the stubborn--and most memorable--one.

    And their flaws don't make you love them any less. I think it's the same with characters in books. Their flaws just sort of endear them to us, and make them more interesting and memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I'm right with you on Cera looking like a very elite, expensive cat. Take her out and about this weekend, sticking out of your bag, and walk around with your nose in the air and see what happens. So funny!

    And then I saw the last picture. And I have to say I laughed out loud at that one.

    Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, I can certainly understand why you could identify with my blog on being housebroken! I'm not a cat person (or a dog person, for that matter--just a people person!) but I got a kick out of the photos of your cats. Have you ever tried medicating the one before getting its fur trimmed? My mom had to do that once to get me to the dentist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. I'm sure that's just wrong, but can't for the life of me think why.
    If I were you I'd sleep with one eye open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!!! That does NOT look like a happy kitty :)

    ReplyDelete