Friday, October 12, 2007

Win an Autographed Copy of Demon: A Memoir


I briefly met Tosca Lee, author of Demon: A Memoir, at the ACFW conference in Dallas. I actually started up a conversation with her before I realized who she was, because I had to complement her very chic outfit. I'd love to have those boots she was wearing! But then, she was Mrs. Nebraska, so she obviously knows a thing or two about style.


I reminded her I wrote a review of her book for Novel Reviews awhile back (April 19, to be exact), and she actually remembered it. After we chatted, she graciously autographed a copy of Demon for me. Since I already have a copy, I decided to pass this one on to you.


By the way, in case you're thinking from the title that this is a horror novel and don't care for those, think again. It does have scary moments, but it's really a sort of spiritual history of the world and humankind, as a demon tells his story to a man who he hopes will write his biography. We see the angels and Lucifer before they fell, the creation of man (pitiful mud creatures as he calls them), their fall and redemption. If you want to know more, you can check out my review.


If you'd like to receive this autographed copy of the novel, leave a comment before next Friday, when I'll announce the winner.


Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. That does sound interesting. I had heard there was a book out by that title, but I figured it was one of those heavy spiritual warfare books. I'm not really into that genre, but this sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny that you mention shoes. It seemed this year's ACFW had a bunch of funny foot wear. There was the "Other" Tiff's slippers [Tiff S. Those of you who saw them know what I mean] and then my Stilettos became so popular someone took a photo of them.

    This book sounds really interesting. Mud people....seems I may have read a review or two on this book. Glad to have someone publishing in the spirit of The Screwtape Letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin, I'd love to read this book! Enter me, please.

    ReplyDelete