Sunday, February 24, 2008

Anniversary on the Little River


Today is my 18th wedding anniversary. We just got home from our anniversary trip to Mentone, Alabama, where we stayed at the Little River Cabin. The place had wall to wall glass across the front, and we had great views of the water.

Our friends built this cabin a couple of years ago. I expected something simple and rustic. I had no idea how charming and special the cabin would be. It even had a loft with beds and sloping ceilings--something I've always dreamed of having in my own home.

As usual, I took particular note of the four-legged folks we met on the trip. This is our friends' dog, Millie. At least I think it's Millie. Their dogs are named Millie and Guinness and I called this one Guinness the whole time, and our friends were too nice to correct me. But I'm pretty sure her tag says Millie. Isn't that the cutest face you ever saw?


The mule didn't tell us her name. I think if she could have talked, she would have said, "What are you staring at? Get that camera out of my face." Mules hate paparazzi.


Our friends are building a new house on a mountain close to the cabin. This is going to be the view from their deck. I can't imagine waking up to this every morning, but it's a nice thought.
By the way, the Little River Cabin is for rent, so if you ever want a quiet vacation in the mountains of Alabama, check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Robin! Eighteen years and still going strong. Good for you guys!! But now you made me feel VERY old, as John and I celebrated our 36th in December, so that means we've been married twice as long as you.

    Thanks for sharing the pictures of where you stayed. Looks like a really neat place, though I doubt we'll be traveling from Oregon to Alabama for our anniversary any time soon! Glad you were able to get away and enjoy a special time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, Robin! I must be older than you or Sherrie as my DH and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary in May. Looks like a lovely place. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary, Robin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 18 years, now that's perseverance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a view! That's amazing. Congrats on such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't want to fall off that porch!

    It's a beautiful place, Robin. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete