Saturday, September 15, 2007

Thanks, You Guys!

Thanks so much for the response about my photo. I love fishing for compliments! I'm really an insecure puddle when I go to conferences, but y'all have made me feel better. Maybe I'll at least have a decent picture on my one sheets. I noticed yesterday that the picture is pretty dark. Maybe the photographer took me seriously about photographing me in candlelight. Whatever helps.

Melanie, I'm very disappointed you (and Kathleen) won't be at the conference. Maybe next year. Assuming I ever come up with the money and energy to go again. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you who are planning to be there. And Sherrie, how did you know my favorite coffee involves the word "mocha"! I'd love to sit down and have one with you.

Next time I post, I want to ask your opinions about a couple of things. Yes, they're about the conference. I told you I'm very insecure. Some of you may be sick of hearing about the conference by now. Actually I'm getting sick of it myself, and I'm going. Just put up with me for another week or so, and then we can get back to the important stuff. Like giving away prizes!

Again, thanks to everyone who left such nice comments. I started this blog to try to encourage others, but it's turning out to be the other way around.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you know you're tired when your eyes blur a bit as you're reading and you think the writer says she's an "insecure poodle" instead of an "insecure puddle." LOL Now there's an idea for your next haircut. Just think of it from a marketing standpoint: no one would forget you! ROFLOL

    Robin, I wish I could be at conference, too, but I'm expecting stellar notes. So, don't disappoint me!

    Okay, I'm off to bed. Too many late nights lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know which sessions were so good that I need to buy the CD. It's actually a little of a relief not to be going. At least I won't have the stress of travel, not sleeping, appointments with the editor or agent of my dreams, etc, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Robin, I am going to be there, and so look forward to meeting you in person! See you soon! Hope we can talk stories sometime! rose ps. don't enter me in the drawing since i won last time!

    ReplyDelete