Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Consider it all what?!

Melanie Dickerson is our guest blogger today. She's sharing a tongue-in-cheek look at that most dreaded experience for writers: rejection. (Sometimes we just have to vent a little, don't we? Isn't it great when we can do it together!)

Here's Melanie:

After getting a rejection (the latest of many) from an agent I desperately
wanted, I wrote this little paraphrase of James 1:2-4: Consider it pure joy, my
sisters (and brothers), whenever you receive rejections of many kinds (whether
they be brief form letters or a personal note telling you all the things you
still are doing wrong), because you know that the testing of your faith in
yourself and your writing develops humility (which you'll need once you become as rich and famous as J.K. Rowling) and perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Then I wrote this little job announcement: I would like to announce that I am accepting query letters from all bonafide literary agents. If you would like
to be my agent, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will send you a
template application document. If I decide not to choose you, please do not be
offended. My agent needs are limited, therefore I must be very picky.

1 comment: