Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Princess of Perseverance

Last week I had a very proud moment as my niece, Kristi, graduated cum laude with a degree in Theatre and Performance Studies. In the area of perseverance, she's frankly humbling me.

First, because this degree has been a dream of hers for so many years. Second, because at a bad time in her life, when she could have settled for depression and pitying herself, she jumped back into life full force. She worked, went to school full-time, and did lots of extras like producing and directing a film, acting in plays and taking part in story-telling festivals, and even being a street character at the Renaissance Festival.



Okay, Kristi, you can slow down now. You're frankly making me look bad. I whine all the time just because I have to go to my job, cook dinner, and then find time to write.

Anyway, I asked Kristi to share some thoughts about the journey she's been on recently--as well as her reflections as she finishes up one big goal, only to find there are even more questions out there. More decisions and frustrations. More waiting.

Tune in Friday for Kristi's guest post. I've gotten a sneak peek, and it's good!




5 comments:

  1. Yay for Kristi :) Congrats on her graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kristi! You were in the "real world" even before you graduated, it sound like! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Robin. Nice blog. Please enter me in your drawing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,
    Congrats to Kristi. Nice blog. Please enter me in the contest and visit my blog, I have pictures of the Mother's Day torndao. I live in Ellenwood.
    Blessings,

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of Kristi. Tell her I said Congrats. I have been meaning to email her since I got the announcement in the mail.

    ReplyDelete