Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why in the world did I choose this title?

"The Queen of Perseverance." What was I thinking? First of all, I can barely spell perseverance. I'll have to hope potential readers are better spellers than I am. Second, I keep wanting to say "Queen of Persistence." That phrase seems to roll off the tongue more easily and was my first thought. Won't it be great if I tell people the wrong title, and they can't even find my blog!

Yesterday, however, I was at dictionary.com (trying to spell persistence, actually), and that entry led me to perseverance. The second definition for that word from Dictionary.com Unabridged is theological in nature: "continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation. "

Well, doesn't that say it all? Isn't that so much more important than any earthly goal I might have? More important than a writing career, or any frustrated dreams? This definition is perfect, the exact kind of perseverance I want to have. How could I call this blog anything else?

Now if I can just learn to spell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment