Thursday, July 18, 2013

Big Reveal of Upcoming Book Cover: The Captive Maiden!

I'm home sick today, but I have dragged myself out of bed to do this blog, because today is the first day that author Melanie Dickerson is sharing the cover of her upcoming novel, The Captive Maiden. And I get to share it with my readers!

So, without more rambling from me, here it is...


Isn't it beautiful! As an amateur costumer, I adore the dress. It's perfect for Cinderella. Oh, did I mention this is a retelling of the Cinderella story, set in Medieval Europe?

Melanie is known for her inspirational and realistic retellings of classic fairy tales. She's done Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, and Snow White to date. Cinderella is one of my favorites, so I'm particularly looking forward to this one. Here is Melanie's description of it:

Happily Ever After …Or Happily Nevermore?

Gisela’s childhood was filled with laughter and visits from nobles such as the duke and his young son. But since her father’s death, each day has been filled with nothing but servitude to her stepmother. So when Gisela learns the duke’s son, Valten---the boy she has daydreamed about for years---is throwing a ball in hopes of finding a wife, she vows to find a way to attend, even if it’s only for a taste of a life she’ll never have. To her surprise, she catches Valten’s eye. Though he is rough around the edges, Gisela finds Valten has completely captured her heart. But other forces are bent on keeping the two from falling further in love, putting Gisela in more danger than she ever imagined.

The release date for The Captive Maiden is October 22, but the book is available for pre-order now. All you followers of The Queen may remember Melanie as a faithful reader and commenter on this blog way before she was published (and a Christy Award finalist!). So I want to help her out by pre-ordering and hope you will, too.

I'm sure it's available other places, but here's where I bought mine at Amazon.

1 comment: