Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Contest and a Blogging Break

I wanted to let y'all know I'm going to take a pretty significant break from posting to the blog. I really want to concentrate on finishing up a manuscript in the next few weeks. Lately, I seem to be spreading myself so thin that I'm not posting much or accomplishing much on the manuscript, either, so I want to focus on that one project for awhile.

I'm probably going to be "away" until the end of November. I don't want you to forget about me entirely, though. So I want to do a big giveaway when I come back, let's say the first of December. Leave a comment on this post before the end of November to be entered to win your favorite prize--an amazon.com gift certificate in the amount of $25.00. (That's not entirely true. Your favorite would probably be in a much higher amount. But this is the best I can do for now.)

Also as an incentive for you to stick around and not unsubscribe or anything hasty like that, here's this teaser: I hope to have a big announcement about a new course for the blog when I come back.

How's that for a cliffhanger!

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Enjoy your break! I hope you get your writing finished. Thanks for holding such a fun contest. Happy Halloween and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Cindi
    jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get tons of satisfying writing done! We'll miss you!
    I've been lamenting, mostly to myself, that I never have time to write anymore! I guess I'd have a little more time if I didn't read or comment on blogs! Ha! For many reasons, mostly family reasons, I'm not going to get any writing done this week! And next week will be packed, as well as the next few weekends! It's been like this for a couple of months. I wish it would end! I panic sometimes and wonder if I'll ever have time to write, ever again! I hope and pray things will settle down. But now that my kids are getting older, their activities keep increasing. Sigh. But in six years my oldest will be driving. . . Something to look forward to, or worry about, depending on how you look at it! But this morning before I got out of bed, I prayed that God would give me some writing time, some time soon! So I'm believing it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the blogging break. I think I've been on about a year-long one right now. I hope to get back into it once things become normal again.

    Have fun writing, Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, robin. I'm going to miss your posts, but understand entirely. That's why I only post 3-4 times a month. May God bless and lead you in your writing during this fast from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robin,
    I could NEVER forget about you. I hope that your writing goes well. By the way....NO FAIR I HATE CLIFFHANGERS!!!!!!! I love contests. Since its at the first of Deccember I think I should win....It would be the perfect Happy 19 gift.. lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! Pick me! Pick me! Hee hee. Enjoy your writing, and congrats on winning the Romantic Homes subscription from Marcher Lord Press.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got back from deer hunting in the wilds of Oregon. No internet access, which meant no ACFW loop, no email, and no blogging. Also no housework, meal planning, shopping, etc ... What happened?

    I wrote 5,000 words and read four entire books in four days! Makes me rethink a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! That is one of my favorite prizes! :) Hope you get a lot done during your break! Take care!
    sena.sagani[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Robin, and thanks for leaving a comment on one of my recent blogs. It's nice to know there's at least one person that reads them!! I've really been working hard at being more consistent, and I think it's helping.

    Enjoy your break, and I'll look forward to your return. In the meantime, don't forget to stop by and visit me!

    Hugs, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I renewed my subscription to my new email addy :) Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving!
    bunnybox9 at gmail . com

    ReplyDelete